Search this keyword

Happy Anniversary Jubilee Furniture Blog!

Yes, exactly one year ago today I started the Jubilee Furniture blog (here's where I would insert a link to that very first post - but I have now spent 45 minutes trying to figure out how to do that - and I can't - for the life of me - figure it out! Grrrr). I've heard from many of you that the blog has been helpful and occasionally made you laugh (well, technically only my mother said she laughed and I actually think she said she "chuckled" - oh well). So, I guess what I started out to do - provide information and photos to connect you to Jubilee Furniture and in a larger sense to Outreach Community Ministries - has been successful. Thank you, dear reader for...well, reading and checking out the blog!

Yesterday when I was driving home from work I was behind this woman on her moped and since I had my camera on the seat next to me I took a photo. Why? Because some day I want to buy a moped and drive it around town. Though maybe I don't want to buy a moped so much but rather want what this woman driving a moped symbolizes to me - which is living life fully, with guts, totally engaged, without fear, loving others and herself, embracing her middle-aged, slightly overweight self. What do you think - can I get all that if I purchase a moped?



It seems appropriate that on this one year anniversary I would write myself into my typical corner without an easy way to move into showing you some of our current inventory. But feeling empowered by the woman on her moped I have a new - embrace life! no apologies! - attitude, so we will simply jolly well continue!


this amazing retro buffet has quietly been sitting in a spot as you round the corner on your way to bedroom land for - I'm guessing - six months. I have dropped the price to $45 and if that isn't low enough to move the thing - I'll eat my hat! The piece would make a great media center if you don't need a buffet - just a suggestion


three metal chairs with upholstered seats for $40 (for all three of 'em)


white retro table for $45 (missing some of the trim)


I love this green velvet chair with nail head trim and I've priced it $45


love seat for $45 (Connie says $45 is my favorite amount to price things - and she might be right!)


I love, love, love this red checked chair - but it gets even better! The red check is a very tailored slip cover over a perfectly nice second red pattern - which looks in pristine condition. So you're getting, basically, two chairs for the price of $165! Wow!


this hand-crafted, leather top coffee table has a wonderful message on the bottom from Joe who made the table for Ted in 1968! How cool is that! Priced? $85


green, squishy sofa for $95


beautiful Sealy wing back chair for $145


love this vintage rocker with it's vinyl fabric for $65


beautiful sofa for $195 and matching love seat for $150


this love seat makes me smile - love the blue with yellow flowers - just needs to be cleaned. Priced $50


clean lines, blue color, what else could you want and all for $225!


love seat for $75 and matching chair and ottoman for $50 - at these prices these pieces will not last long!

Earlier this week when I turned on my laptop I was greeted with this photo of my daughter, Abby - and it made me laugh out loud (Abby often makes me laugh out loud). She had noticed I had some generic desktop background and asked why I didn't change it (wasn't important). Apparently she decided it was important and thus my new background - which I love!



Maybe I'll see you in the store today (Friday from 1 to 8) and though the store will be open tomorrow (Saturday from 9 to 4) I won't be there because I'll be at my nephew's wedding! But please stop in and say "Hi!" to Connie, Linnea, Kate, Nancy, Nate and Dean - who will be holding down the fort (and doing an excellent job of it too, I'm sure!).

God's grace and peace to you, dear reader!

1 comments :

شركة فارس الخليج said...

نقدم لكم عملائنا الاعزاء افضل شركة لنقل الاثاث و العفش التى تتميز بتقديم الخدمات الموكلة بها بأعلى جودة و بتميز مستمر لن تجدوه عند اى شركة اخرى فتواصلوا معنا ونحن فى انتظاركم فى اى وقت
شركة نقل اثاث وعفش بالباحه

Post a Comment